Jun 24, 2024  
University Catalog 2024-2025 
University Catalog 2024-2025

State-Specific Required Disclosures

Information for California Residents

The following disclosures are required by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at 1747 N. Market Blvd. Ste 225 , Sacramento, CA 95834; www.bppe.ca.gov; Telephone (888) 370-7589 or (916) 574-8900  or by fax (916) 263-1897.

The Office of Student Assistance and Relief is available to support prospective students, current students, or past students of private postsecondary educational institutions in making informed
decisions, understanding their rights, and navigating available services and relief options. The office may be reached by calling (888) 370-7589 or by visiting www.bppe.ca.gov.


Antioch University Los Angeles along with its branch location, Antioch University Santa Barbara, is a private not-for-profit institution and is authorized for operation in the state of California by the State of California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), which means compliance with state standards as set forth in the CEC and 5, CCR. Approval does not mean the Bureau endorses Antioch’s programs, or that Antioch exceeds the minimum state standards.  Antioch University has no pending petition in bankruptcy, is not operating as a debtor in possession, has not filed a petition within the preceding five years, or has not had a petition filed against it within the preceding five years that resulted in reorganization under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

Student Records

The official academic record, permanently maintained by the Office of the University Registrar, consists of the academic transcript and Student Learning Evaluation for each of the courses taken by the student.

Except for the transcript and Student Learning Evaluations, all other records are considered temporary and are maintained either locally or in an off-site facility. Non-permanent records are subject to the University Record Retention Policy and Schedule. Records whose retention period has expired are formally and confidentially destroyed.

The permanent records of students who attended Antioch University Los Angeles prior to July 1, 1985 are archived at Antioch University in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Inquiries and requests regarding those records must be directed to the Office of Records Administration, Antioch University, 900 Dayton St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387-1623; Telephone (937) 769-1291, FAX (937) 769-1354.

Tuition and Fees

Information on total charges for a period of attendance and an estimated schedule of total charges for each of our educational programs offered in California is available here for our Los Angeles location and here for our Santa Barbara location. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.

A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s internet Web site www.bppe.ca.gov.

Housing Information

Antioch University Los Angeles is non-residential and has no dormitory facilities under its control. Antioch University Los Angeles has no responsibility to find or assist students in finding housing. However, there are several housing options (apartments/condos) available within the campus’ location in Culver City and in adjacent cities/areas such as Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Palms, Santa Monica, Westchester, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Inglewood, etc.. The estimated cost of renting an apartment or a condo ranges from $1,000 (studio-type) to $2,800 a month depending on the area. To get a better idea you may search www.zillow.com for more information.

Facilities, Equipment, and Materials for Instruction

The Antioch University Los Angeles (AULA) campus is located in Culver City, California, on the west side of greater Los Angeles, in an area historically known as Fox Hills. The AULA campus is in a large office park which houses a variety of tenants, including small businesses, law firms, and creative agencies. The AULA campus comprises three full floors in the Culver 400 building. The campus has over 17,000 square feet of classroom and conference room space, where instruction takes place. Instructions are all in English. All dedicated classrooms have built-in audio-visual equipment, enabling use of technology and video playback for instruction. AULA also uses mobile audio-visual equipment to bring technology to smaller conference spaces when needed. In addition to classroom space, the AULA campus has two computer labs. Each computer lab is just over 800 square feet in size, and is equipped with technology for instruction. The AULA campus also has a library space that occupies over 1,600 square feet, as well as a tutoring and instruction space called the “Teaching and Learning Center” that occupies just over 1,400 square feet.

Selected classes may be offered at a BPPE-approved satellite location. Please check with your academic program for details. These are our currently approved satellite locations.

None currently approved

Transferability of Credits


The transferability of credits you earn at Antioch University Los Angeles or its branch location, Antioch University Santa Barbara, is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance credits you earn in undergraduate studies or in any graduate programs, including all certificate programs, is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the credits that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Antioch University to determine if your earned credits will transfer.

Financial Aid

Antioch University’s credentials also include federal government recognition of eligibility for various forms of federal assistance, grants, and contracts, including the eligibility of Antioch students for federal financial aid and veteran’s benefits. The University is in compliance with appropriate federal laws and regulations concerning civil rights, affirmative action, tax exemption, and eligibility for foundation support.

Recipients of federal aid programs are subject to federal, state and institutional regulations regarding the return of Title IV funds. Students who receive federal financial aid and do not attend any classes will be required to repay all of the funds they have received. Students who withdraw from all their classes prior to completing more than 60% of the term will have their financial aid eligibility recalculated based on the percentage of the term completed and will be required to repay any unearned financial aid they have received.

Student Complaints

For California State students, please check with the Chief Student Services Officer to a complaint relating to your program.

Antioch University Los Angeles
Sandy Lee, Chief Operations Officer
400 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230
310-578-1080 x 447

Antioch University Santa Barbara
Ryan Kasmier, Director of Student Services
602 Anacapa Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805-962-8179 x 5105

Student Tuition Recovery Fund Disclosure

The State of California established the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) to relieve or mitigate economic loss suffered by a student in an educational program at a qualifying institution, who is or was a California resident while enrolled, or was enrolled in a residency program, if the student enrolled in the institution, prepaid tuition, and suffered an economic loss. Unless relieved of the obligation to do so, you must pay the state-imposed assessment for the STRF, or it must be paid on your behalf, if you are a student in an educational program, who is a California resident, or are enrolled in a residency program, and prepay all or part of your tuition.

You are not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF assessment, if you are not a California resident, or are not enrolled in a residency program.

It is important that you keep copies of your enrollment agreement, financial aid documents, receipts, or any other information that documents the amount paid to the school. Questions regarding the STRF may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, (916) 574-8900 or (888) 370-7589.

To be eligible for STRF, you must be a California resident or are enrolled in a residency program, prepaid tuition, paid or deemed to have paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:

  1. The institution, a location of the institution, or an educational program offered by the institution was closed or discontinued, and you did not choose to participate in a teach-out plan approved by the Bureau or did not complete a chosen teach-out plan approved by the Bureau.
  2. You were enrolled at an institution or a location of the institution within the 120 day period before the closure of the institution or location of the institution, or were enrolled in an educational program within the 120 day period before the program was discontinued.
  3. You were enrolled at an institution or a location of the institution more than 120 days before the closure of the institution or location of the institution, in an educational program offered by the institution as to which the Bureau determined there was a significant decline in the quality or value of the program more than 120 days before closure.
  4. The institution has been ordered to pay a refund by the Bureau but has failed to do so.
  5. The institution has failed to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federal student loan program as required by law, or has failed to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the institution in excess of tuition and other costs.
  6. You have been awarded restitution, a refund, or other monetary award by an arbitrator or court, based on a violation of this chapter by an institution or representative of an institution, but have been unable to collect the award from the institution.
  7. You sought legal counsel that resulted in the cancellation of one or more of your student loans and have an invoice for services rendered and evidence of the cancellation of the student loan or loans.

To qualify for STRF reimbursement, the application must be received within four (4) years from the date of the action or event that made the student eligible for recovery from STRF.

A student whose loan is revived by a loan holder or debt collector after a period of non-collection may, at any time, file a written application for recovery from STRF for the debt that would have otherwise been eligible for recovery. If it has been more than four (4) years since the action or event that made the student eligible, the student must have filed a written application for recovery within the original four (4) year period, unless the period has been extended by another act of law.

However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or a taxpayer identification number.

Tuition Refund Policy

All students receiving federal financial aid funds who fully withdraw from the university are subject to the “Federal Return of Title IV Funds” policy which determines the amount of Federal Title IV aid that must be returned to the Federal government by the school and the student. Refer to the Withdrawal and Return of Title IV Funds Policy in this catalog. If a student withdraws, any Title IV funds disbursed will be recalculated and funds returned to the sources so that the student may use these funds elsewhere.

The refund schedule applies in cases of withdrawal from the University, defined as the dropping of one’s entire program in a given term. For refund purposes, a week of classes refers to a calendar week beginning with the first day of classes - holidays not considered. The effective date for determining a refund is the date Student Services receives written notification of a drop or withdrawal from the student.

The University provides a pro-rata refund of unearned institutional charges to students who complete 75 percent or less of the period of attendance. If the University cancels or discontinues a course, the University will make a full refund of all associated tuition charges. Refunds are paid within 30 days of receipt of notification of cancellation or withdrawal.

Quarter Refund Schedule

  Official first two weeks of quarter 100%  
  Third week 70%  
  Fourth week 60%  
  Fifth week 50%  
  Sixth week 40%  
  Seventh week 30%  
  Eighth week 20%  
  After 0%  

Semester Refund Schedule

  First 14 days of semester 100%  
  15-29 days of semester 75%  
  30-58 days of semester 50%  
  59-87 days of semester 25%  
  After 0%  

MFA Refund Schedule

  Prior to third day of residency 100%  
  On or after third day of residency, a pro rata refund of tuition will be applied to unearned institutional charges up to completion of more than 75% <100% to >75%  
  Friday of fifth week of class 75%  
  Friday of eleventh week of class 50%  
  Friday of seventeenth week of class 25%  
  After 0%  

Tuition Refund Policy for Individual Course Withdrawal

A 100% tuition credit is granted for courses dropped by 20% of the instructional period for that course. No tuition credit is given after 20% of the instructional period for that course. Exception for courses lasting 10 days or less: 100% tuition credit is granted for drops completed 7 days or more prior to the scheduled start date; no tuition credit granted for drops 6 days or less prior to the scheduled start date.

Please note that in programs that charge tuition based on the total number of units registered for the term, a change in tuition charges will only occur when the course drop moves the student to the lower tuition unit load.

Job Classification Codes for Gainful Employment 

In order to report gainful employment of its graduates, the institution must identify, in its catalog, the job classification(s) each program prepares its graduates for using the United States Department of Labor’s Standard Occupational Classification codes, at the Detailed Occupation (six-digit) level.

Standard Occupational Classification Codes  


Information for Washington State Residents

Antioch University is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Antioch University to offer specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430 or by email at degreeauthorization@wsac.wa.gov.

I certify that:

This institution does not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on success in securing enrollments or financial aid to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting or admission activities or in making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.

The information contained in this application form is true and correct in content and policy and I am aware that the institution or facility must comply with applicable statutes and regulations and that failure to comply may lead to suspension or withdrawal of programs by the WSAC/SAA and/or DVA.

Benjamin S. Pryor, PhD, Provost & CEO, Antioch University Seattle

Education programs

Selected academic programs of study at Antioch University Seattle are approved for enrollment of those eligible to receive benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code. The Washington State Board of Education has approved the state teacher preparation program offered by Antioch University Seattle.

Transferability of Credits

The transferability of credits earned at Antioch University is at the discretion of the receiving college, university, or other educational institution. Students considering transferring to any institution should not assume that credits earned in any program of study at Antioch University will be accepted by the receiving institution. Similarly, the ability of a degree, certificate, diploma, or other academic credential earned at Antioch University to satisfy an admission requirement of another institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee credentials or credits earned at Antioch University will be accepted by or transferred to another institution. To minimize the risk of having to repeat coursework, students should contact the receiving institution in advance for evaluation and determination of transferability of credits and/or acceptability of degrees, diplomas, or certificates earned.

Institutional Course Cancellation

In the event of an institutional course cancellation, students enrolled in the course will be notified via email and provided with the opportunity to enroll in another course. Students are encouraged to contact an adviser in the case of an institutional course cancellation to ensure progress in the student’s program of study.

Financial Aid

For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/loan-advocacy or contact the Student Loan Advocate at loanadvocate@wsac.wa.gov.